Cool that you're here!
Welcome to the team!
We're a group of friends working on a project called Linguala, which is a free market place for language services. This instance of GitLab you are browsing is the home of our code base
Have a look at one of our main projects:
We have a bunch of projects, though, so why don't you get started by creating a GitLab account.
Follow the 🧵 if you want a linear walkthrough of everything! Start by 🧵 creating a GitLab account.
Once you have a GitLab account, come chat with us!
Working with us
Next up: learning new things
There are a few things you need to know first before you start developing with us.
We use the following parts for our web application:
- React for building user interfaces
- Gatsby as a framework to put our user-interfaces into a nicely maintainable and fast frontend application
- GraphQL protocol for having a frontend-friendly query-language to get data into the frontend and changes back into our backend
- Apollo as a single graphql API for getting data into our application
- MongoDB as a distributed database for keeping persistent data in our backend(s)